Koha for Linux Publisher's description
from Pierrick LE GALL
Koha is the first open-source Integrated Library System (ILS).
Koha is the first open-source Integrated Library System (ILS). In use worldwide, its development is steered by a growing community of libraries collaborating to achieve their technology goals. Koha's impressive feature set continues to evolve and expand to meet the needs of its user base.
Full-featured ILS. In use worldwide in libraries of all sizes, Koha is a true enterprise-class ILS with comprehensive functionality including basic or advanced options. Koha includes modules for circulation, cataloging, acquisitions, serials, reserves, patron management, branch relationships, and more. For a comprehensive overview of features visit the Koha feature map.
Dual Database Design. Koha uses a dual database design that utilizes the strengths of the two major industry-standard database types (text-based and RDBMS). This design feature ensures that Koha is scalable enough to meet the transaction load of any library, no matter what the size.
Library Standards Compliant. Koha is built using library standards and protocols that ensure interoperability between Koha and other systems and technologies, while supporting existing workflows and tools.
Free / Open Source. Koha is distributed under the open-source General Public License (GPL). More information on the GPL can be found here.
No Vendor Lock-in. It is an important part of the open-source promise that there is no vendor lock-in: libraries are free to install and use Koha themselves if the have the in-house expertise or to purchase support or development services from the best available source.
* A full featured modern integrated library system (ILS).
* Award winning and open source no license fee, ever.
* Linux, Unix, Windows and MacOS platform.
* Web Based.
* We can full integrate it into your website.
* Copy cataloging and z39.50.
* MARC21 and UNIMARC for professional catalogers.
* Tailored catalog module for special libraries.
* Use as a document manager or digital library.
* Manage online and off line resources with the same tool.
* RSS feed of new acquisitions.
* E-mail and/or txt patron's overdues and other notices.
* Print your own barcodes.
* Serials management module.
* Full catalog, circulation and acquisitions system for library stock management.
* Web based OPAC system (allows the public to search the catalog in the library and at home).
* Simple, clear search interface for all users.
* Simple and comprehensive acquisition options.
* Koha is multi-tasking and enables updates of circulation, cataloging and issues to occur simultaneously.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall