GooCanvas Publisher's description
from Damon Chaplin
A cairo-based canvas widget for GTK+.
GooCanvas is a cairo-based canvas widget for GTK+.
GooCanvas is similar in many ways to GnomeCanvas and FooCanvas. But it uses cairo for rendering, has an optional model/view split, and uses interfaces for items & models (so you can easily turn any application object into a canvas item or model).
NOTE: I am no longer actively developing GooCanvas, so no major new features will be added (unless a new maintainer takes over). I'll still try to fix any bugs that appear though, and may accept minor patches.
To build it run './configure' and 'make'. To run the demo cd into 'demo' and run './demo'. (Or run ./simple-demo for the very simple demo, or ./mv-demo for the model-view demo.)
The simplest way to compile this package is:
1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type `./configure' to configure the package for your system. If you're using `csh' on an old version of System V, you might need to type `sh ./configure' instead to prevent `csh' from trying to execute `configure' itself.
Running `configure' takes awhile. While running, it prints some messages telling which features it is checking for.
2. Type `make' to compile the package.
3. Optionally, type `make check' to run any self-tests that come with the package.
4. Type `make install' to install the programs and any data files and documentation.
5. You can remove the program binaries and object files from the source code directory by typing `make clean'. To also remove the files that `configure' created (so you can compile the package for a different kind of computer), type `make distclean'. There is also a `make maintainer-clean' target, but that is intended mainly for the package's developers. If you use it, you may have to get all sorts of other programs in order to regenerate files that came with the distribution.
Here are some key features of "GooCanvas":
В· Optional model/view split.
В· Uses interfaces for items & views.
В· Basic items - rect/ellipse/polyline/text/image/group.
В· Path item, using SVG path specification strings.
В· Table item for layout of other items (similar to the GtkTable widget). (This also supports items whose requested height changes according to their allocated width, such as text items.)
В· Embedded GTK+ widgets.
В· Layers/stacking order with raise/lower functions.
В· Cascading styles - line width/style/dashes, colors, fill patterns.
В· Affine transformations for all items - rotations/scales/skews.
В· Clip paths to support clipping items.
В· Event handling - button/motion events, "pointer-events" property like SVG.
В· Grabs - support for pointer & keyboard grabs.
В· Keyboard focus traversal.
В· Accessibility (item title & description properties and hierarchy stuff).
В· Printing (output to a given cairo_t).
В· Item visibility setting - on/off/above zoom threshold.
В· Simple animation.
В· Scalable - support for thousands of items over a large canvas area.
В· Support for different units - pixels/points/inches/millimeters.
В· API docs.
What's New in This Release:В· Fixed redraws of tables after updates.
В· Fixed problems compiling with libtool 2.2.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall