BALL Publisher's description
Rapid Software Prototyping can significantly reduce development times in the field of Computational Molecular Biology and Molecular Modeling.
Rapid Software Prototyping can significantly reduce development times in the field of Computational Molecular Biology and Molecular Modeling. BALL (Biochemical Algorithms Library) is an application framework in C++ that has been specifically designed for this purpose. It provides an extensive set of data structures as well as classes for Molecular Mechanics, advanced solvation methods, comparison and analysis of protein structures, file import/export, and visualization .
BALL has been carefully designed to be robust, easy to use, and open to extensions. Especially its extensibility which results from an object-oriented and generic programming approach distinguishes it from other software packages. BALL is well suited to serve as a public repository for reliable data structures and algorithms.
Based on BALL we have developed a stand-alone tool for molecular visualization, BALLView . BALLView makes the broad functionality available through an integrated user-friendly GUI.
What's New in This Release:BALLView:
* Integrated molecule editor
* Volume rendering for electrostaticsm, projection onto planes, field lines
* Improved cartoon and ribbon models, non-photorealistic shading (toon shader)
* Off-screen rendering
* Toolbars for quick access to important functionality
* Numerous improvements to the interface
* Merck Molecular Force Field (MMFF 94)
* Automated download of structures from PDB and PubChem
* Protein-protein docking code based on Fourier correlation (requires FFTW library)
* MMFF94 force field
* Small molecule database interface (FORMAT/DBInterface) allows the storage and retrieval of small molecules and their conformations in a relational database
* A SMARTS matcher
* Kekulizer algorithm for aromatic structures
* Support for Dunbrack's backbone-dependent rotamer libraries
* Autobuild script allows much simpler installation of BALL
* Support for PowerPC architecture (Linux)
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall