Seed7 for linux Publisher's description
from Thomas Mertes
Seed7 is a general purpose programming language designed by Thomas Mertes.....
Seed7 is a general purpose programming language designed by Thomas Mertes. It is a higher level language compared to Ada, C/C++ and Java. The Seed7 interpreter and the example programs are open-source software. There is also an open-source Seed7 compiler. The compiler compiles Seed7 programs to C programs which are subsequently compiled to machine code.
Features of Seed7
* As extensible programming language it supports user defined statements and operators.
* Types are first class objects (Templates and generics can be defined easily without special syntax).
* Predefined constructs like arrays or for-loops are declared in the language itself.
* Object orientation with interfaces and multiple dispatch.
* Static type checking and no automatic casts.
* Support for bigInteger and bigRational numbers which have unlimited size.
* exception handling
* overloading of procedures/functions/operators/statements
* Various predefined types like resizable arrays, hashes, sets, structs, color, time, duration, etc.
* Runs under linux, various unix versions and windows.
* The interpreter and the example programs use the GPL license, while the runtime library uses the LGPL license.
What's New in This Release:В· FAQ answers, explaining call-by-name and how it is implemented in Seed7, were added.
В· The "ftpserv.sd7" program was improved to work with various FTP client programs.
В· The speed of 'socLineRead' (getln() for sockets) in "soc_rtl.c" was improved.
В· The Unicode support of "ftp.s7i" and "ftp7.sd7" was improved.
В· The compiler was improved to generate optimized code for the the @:= operator.
В· Test cases for the @:= operator were added to "chkstr.sd7".
В· The program "chkccomp.c" was changed to include "version.h" and to define OS_OFF_T_SIZE.
В· The function 'str' for 'fileMode' was improved.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall