t-prot for Linux Publisher's description
from Jochen Striepe
You know these misformatted mail or news messages
You know these misformatted mail or news messages, with full quotes, too long signatures, and lots of exclamation marks? They get on your nerves day by day? That's what this script is for. Please see the documentation for the details.
TOFU Protection Mini-Howto:
* Step 1: INSTALLATION
Put the TOFU protection script into your $PATH, and the script's manpage into section 1 of your $MANPATH.
* Step 2: CONFIGURATION
Append something like
set display_filter="t-prot -cemt -M=mutt"
to your ~/.muttrc. You can download an example which can be included in your ~/.muttrc using the source command. And here is an example S-Lang macro for easy usage with the news reader slrn.
* Of course you can use t-prot outside mutt (or any other MUA) -- t-prot just follows the great Unix tradition of reading from one file (default is stdin) and writing to another (default is stdout).
Alternatively, you may download the latest tarball (or install the package fitting your system):
* Plain .tar.gz tarballs
* Debian Packages (some more information can be found here) built by Gerfried Fuchs -- many thanks!
* There are t-prot RPMs for the SuSE distribution (although they removed most examples from their package).
Those for OpenSuSE are a bit newer, though.
* FreeBSD has made a t-prot port (there is some more information here).
* Matthias Kilian has built a t-prot port for OpenBSD. Also available at his site is a port for Getopt::Mixed needed by t-prot. Many thanks!
* Gentoo has some t-prot Ebuilds.
* Darwinports does not exist any more, please use its replacement MacPorts to install t-prot on MacOS-X.
* (Inofficial) Slackware packages, provided by Clemens Buchmann. Many thanks!
* NetBSD's pkgsrc system offers a t-prot port.
* Archlinux has included t-prot in its AUR.
What's New in This Release:В· TOFU produced by Lotus Domino Webserver is now detected.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall