spamdyke Publisher's description
from Sam Clippinger
spamdyke is a filter for monitoring and intercepting SMTP connections between a remote host and a qmail server.
spamdyke is a filter for monitoring and intercepting SMTP connections between a remote host and a qmail server. Spam is blocked while the remote server (spammer) is still connected; no additional processing or storage is needed.
spamdyke boasts a large number of filters for blocking mail from remote servers. Every filter is individually configurable.
spamdyke's reverse DNS filters can:
* Require reverse DNS names.
* Require reverse DNS names to resolve with IP addresses.
* Require reverse DNS names to be real, not dynamically assigned.
* Require the sender's domain name to have a valid mail exchanger (MX).
spamdyke's blacklist and whitelist filters can:
* Search local IP and reverse DNS blacklist/whitelist files.
* Search DNS realtime blacklists/whitelists (DNS RBLs).
* Search DNS righthand-side blacklists/whitelists (DNS RHSBLs).
* Search sender and recipient blacklist/whitelist files.
spamdyke's graylist(/greylist) filters can:
* Graylist specific recipient domains (activated per domain).
* Graylist connections from specific IP addresses or reverse DNS domains.
* Enforce minimum and maximum ages for graylist entries.
* Skip graylisting for specific domains, IP addresses or reverse DNS domains.
spamdyke's other filters can:
* Stop earlytalkers (remote servers that send data before the SMTP greeting banner is sent).
* Limit the maximum number of recipients per message.
* Enforce idle timeouts and absolute timeouts.
* Prevent unauthorized relaying.
* Stop spam that appears to come from the recipient's address.
What's New in This Release:В· This release fixes a couple of processing bugs in the new header blacklist filter and an access violation that can lead to crashes.
В· The header blacklist should is safe to enable now.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall