vpopmail Publisher's description
from vpopmail Team
Handling virtual domains is a common issue posed by new users in the qmail and postfix communities
Handling virtual domains is a common issue posed by new users in the qmail and postfix communities. Inter7 has developed vpopmail (vchkpw - buipopmeil), a free GPL software package, to provide an easy way to manage virtual email domains and non /etc/passwd email accounts on your qmail or Postfix mail servers.
* Support for 1 to 23 million virtual email domains using a "grow as it goes" balenced directory tree.
* Support for 1 to 23 million email users per domain using the same balenced tree structure.
* Automates all qmail configurations into handy and scriptable command line programs and documented API library calls.
* Automates Unix user/group/other permissioning of directories and files.
* Supports authenticated relay control of your qmail smtp server.
* Virtual email file/directories can be assigned to any user/group or do the default vpopmail/vchkpw 89/89.
* Does not require email user accounts in /etc/passwd
* Supports name or IP based virtual domains
* Optionally automates support for:
o Storing clear text passwords to help tech support workers
o Record last authentication and automates deletion of stale accounts.
o Storing alias/forwards in mysql or oracle
* Configurable logging based on real world admin's comments and requirements.
* Support for Mysql, Oracle, PostgreSQL, /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow LDAP, Sybase, and default cdb authentication storage.
* Delivers directly to Maildir for use with qmail-pop3d, .qmail files or any other Maildir program.
* No need to have hundreds of .qmail files for virtual domains. Each domain gets it's own directory under vpopmail user with a separate password file for each domain.
* Documented command line programs that can be used in scripts or for remote admin.
* Documented C library for all vpopmail features and transactions.
What's New in This Release:В· Updated vlimits_read_vlimits_file to be much more efficient
В· Added vusage client API to libvpopmail
В· Added vusage daemon
В· Updated quota code to talk to vusage daemon if available
В· Fixed some backfill patch compilation issues
В· Updated maildir_to_email to support paths that end in /Maildir as well as /Maildir/
В· Added LDAP valias support
В· Updated vusage API to return counts for both users and domains
В· Updated domain quota enforcement to work when using vusage
В· Re-enabled --enable-domainquotas (with warnings)
System Requirements:В· qmail
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall