mu Publisher's description
from Dirk-Jan C. Binnema
mu is a tool for dealing with e-mail messages stored in the Maildir-format.
mu is a tool for dealing with e-mail messages stored in the Maildir-format. mu's main purpose is to help you to quickly find the messages you need; in addition, it allows you to view messages, extract attachments, create new maildirs, вЂ¦ See the mu cheatsheet for some examples.
* fast indexing for Maildir, Maildir+ and Maildir-on-VFAT
* search for messages based on the sender, receiver, message subject, size, priority, words in the message body, attachments, date range, flags (signed, encrypted, new, replied, вЂ¦), message-id, maildir
* known to work on Linux (Ubuntu/Fedora/Debian/GenToo), FreeBSD, MacOS, Solaris, вЂ¦
* fully documented (man pages)
* can be integrated with e-mail clients; documentation has examples for mutt and Wanderlust.
* output in plain text, xml, json, s-expressions (experimental)
* extract message parts, attachments, open them using their default application
What's New in This Release:В· Various small updates and improvements, mostly in the emacs frontend ("mu4e").
В· Attachment handling was improved, some small fixes were made, and documentation was improved.
System Requirements:В· GMime
В· Xapian and Omega
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall