Ishmail Publisher's description
Ishmail is a graphical mail reader for Unix systems.
Ishmail is a graphical mail reader for Unix systems. In addition to features you would expect in any decent GUI mail client, Ishmail:
* is based on the UNIX philosophy
* supports UNIX (mbox), mh and MMDF folder formats
* e-mail aliases (also aliases for groups of people).
* shares folders and aliases with programs such as pine, elm, Z-mail, and sendmail
* internal IMAP and POP support
* PGP support
* easy integration with procmail, fetchmail, sendmail...
* the internal editor can be configured to use emacs key bindings, or you can use an external editor
* spell checking using any external spellchecker (like ispell or Aspell)
* can pass messages to external commands
* message sorting by multiple criteria
* message threading by subject
* advanced message searching with regular expressions
* can specify patterns (using UNIX regular expressions) to look for in message headers, then take action when a match is found. Each pattern can have a different action. These actions include:
o Automatically file the message in a specific folder (mail filtering)
o Run an alert command (for example, play a specific sound).
o Display a specific icon pixmap. extremely customizable: select your own
o shortcut keys, buttons, colors, just about anything
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall