KVIrc for Linux Publisher's description
from Szymon Stefanek
KVIrc is a free portable IRC client based on the excellent Qt GUI toolkit.
KVIrc is a free portable IRC client based on the excellent Qt GUI toolkit. KVirc is being written by Szymon Stefanek and the KVIrc Development Team with the contribution of many IRC addicted developers around the world.
* Full GUI Based configuration
* MDI floatable windows
* Built-in help browser
* Themes support (all configurable by GUI or scripting)
* Pseudo-transparency support (up to the desktop on KDE)
* Drag & Drop toolbar editing
* Activity Notifier Pop-Up
* Status bar with Applet support
* Unread text mark
* 14 Languages Translations
* Proxy support (SOCKSv4, SOCKSv5, HTTP)
* Full IPv6 support (also for DCC transfers)
* SSL support (also over IPv6)
* Micryption support
* Modular architecture: unfrequently used features reside in external modules and are loaded only when necessary
* Extensibility: a huge API for writing extension modules
* UNICODE support
* Multiserver connection
* Notify lists (yes, WATCH is supported)
* Ignore lists
* Registered users database
* Lag meter
* Configurable logging
* Standard DCC CHAT and SEND (with resume) support
* Extended DCC types: VOICE, RSEND, GET, RECV
* DCC CHAT over SSL
* DCC bandwidth limit (ability to set it "on the fly")
* Built-in scripting language interpreter
o scalars, arrays and hashes...
o scriptable toolbars
o Perl support
o Ability to translate scripts (by the means of the tr() function)
What's New in This Release:В· Definitive and stable port to the Qt4 libraries
В· A brand new build system based on CMake (no more ./configure)
В· Better support for server tecnologies: CAPS, STARTTLS, SASL, irc services...
В· A new UPnP module to control and remotely map your router ports for DCC
В· A totally rewritten MDI subsystem, with the look and feel of your OS
В· A nice graphical addon packager
В· A visual class editor for object oriented scripting
В· A rewritten iograph module to check your bandwidth usage
В· Support for animated avatars
В· Ability to get other user's avatars/information without the need to CTCP the whole channel
В· Support for DBus inter-process communication
В· Support for the MPRIS media player control and info reporting
В· Support for Phonon direct media playback
В· Improved platform compatibility for KDE4, MacOSX, Seven etc...
В· A lot of new options to better customize your client
В· A lot of new KVS commands and functions for your scripting needs
В· Tons of bug fixes, more than 500 only from the bugtracker
В· A better documentation of the code for those who like to give a look at it.
В· Months of testing and fixing to assure you an optimal IRC experience
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall