KSalup Publisher's description
from Emmanuel ZURMELY
KSalup is an enhanced port of Winpopup for KDE.
KSalup is an enhanced port of Winpopup for KDE. It also allows the user to send and receive Winpopup messages over a local network (LAN).
KSalup supports two protocols :
* Communication with a computer running Winpopup or using the NetBios protocol over TCP, sending and receiving messages through Samba.
* Communication with computers on a local subnet, using the Netbios protocol over UDP, compatible with almost all of the current softwares (Kurupop, Pipop, Salup, Windows NT, ...)
* Netbios over UDP protocol.
* Netbios over TCP protocol through Samba.
* Netbios names support.
* Messages filtering.
* Messages forwarding.
* Automatic answering.
* Automatic archiving of incoming and sent messages.
* Network browsing (LAN).
* Handling of workgroup, host name and aliases.
* Tray icon (KDE).
* Support for printing.
* Support for public and private user-defined aliases.
* Online indicator, now compatible with Salup, Kurupop and Pipop.
* Quick user-defined messages.
* Sound attachment.
* Support for different character encodings for internationalisation (UTF-8, Microsoft codepages, ...).
* Possibility of sending messages from the shell command line.
What's New in This Release:* A menu item "Delete all messages" has been added to easily clear the messages list.
* The option "Clear the messages list on exit" has been added.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall