GnomeMeeting Publisher's description
from Damien Sandras
Ekiga (formely known as GnomeMeeting)
Ekiga (formely known as GnomeMeeting) is an open source SoftPhone, Video Conferencing and Instant Messenger application over the Internet.
It supports HD sound quality and video up to DVD size and quality.
It is interoperable with many other standard compliant softwares, hardwares and service providers as it uses both the major telephony standards (SIP and H.323).
What's New in This Release:User-visible fixes:
* Fixed crashes shown as assertion failed in /usr/include/ptlib/safecoll.h:813
* Fixed crash when device list is empty or contains non-latin1 characters
* Fixed crash when pressing shift-f10 (popup menu) in Preferences window
* Fixed possible crash when garbage collecting REGISTER requests
* Fixed possible segfault when receiving a NOTIFY
* Fixed freeze by preventing SIP handlers retry timer from executing during destruction
* Fixed freeze during packet write
* Fixed "Lockup after a day of idle" in publishing code
* Fixed various deadlocks in the OPAL subscription code
* Added "%limit" workaround for registrars which refuse several contacts during registration
* Fixed "Contacts never go offline"
* Fixed "New SIP account mangles fields if Authentications User is empty"
* Make sure the output device is set before a call
* Fixed port handling when registering to a proxy with a non-standard port
* Fixed "In some circumstances, smileys are not displayed graphically"
* Improved audio latency when not collecting all of the audio data
* Fixed the newmessage.wav file
* Fixed "Accounts were automatically active after editing them"
* Make possible to register e.g. email@example.com as user name as required by some providers
* Remove deprecated "Encoding" field from desktop file
* Fixed problem with REGISTER IntervalTooBrief response handling not using correct interface for new transaction
* Fixed "480 Temporarily Unavailable" response handling
* Fixed problem with doing DNS lookup when using explicit proxy or presence agent
* Fixed problem with PUBLISH using wrong expiry after Interval Too Brief error
* If we find no authentication information when subscribing, keep trying as it could become available at a later stage
* Changed so does not put both global and media specific connection addresses in SDP if they are the same (needed for freephonie SIP registrar)
* Fixed support for unusual SIP "start with hold", that is an initial offer INVITE with a connection address of 0.0.0.0
* Fixed failure to retry (after a suitable period) REGISTER/SUBSCRIBE if get transport level timeout
* Added closing of our local media streams if remote sends a re-INVITE and leaves out streams (e.g. video) that were there previously
* Fixed problems when can not bind to any interface
* Fixed various problems with some SDP options
* Fixed regression where the username would be lost from the Contact field
* Fixed invalid request-uri in BYE request
* Fixed issue with overlapping INVITEs
* Fixed H.263-1998 plug in compilation, by asking latest avcodec
* Fixed "OpalBitRateCalculator limits bitrates"
* Fixed "SIP wrong response on a failed REFER-request"
* Fixed "SIP: OK response to CANCEL incomplete"
* Do not send "100 Trying" message when receiving a NOTIFY message
* Fixed incorrect register/subscribe refresh timer calculation
* Support building on kFreeBSD
* Fixed problem with moving libsoup api
* Various fixes for SIP and H323 configuration
* Fixed "A build error when generating SunAudio ptlib plugin"
* Fixed "The video convertor of YUY2toYUV420P in ptlib does not work"
* Fixed "The absence of libv4l2 should not block V4L2 ptlib plugin" and other minor changes
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall