MeetBot Publisher's description
from MeetBot Devs
An IRC bot designed to assist in running meetings, taking notes, etc
MeetBot is written in pure Python, as a plugin to supybot. However, there is a clear distinction between meeting-code and IRC-code, so it should be relatively easy to port to other bots. It is under the supybot license (3-clause BSD).
To discuss issues, feature requests or to request it enter another channel, please join #meetbot on OFTC. The current version is by RichardDarst (MrBeige @ OFTC). It was started as a clone/replacement of meetbot by HolgerLevsen, which was itself a derivative of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScribesTeam/MootBot used by the Ubuntu Scribes team. MootBot and the original meetbot were plugins to the eggdrop IRC bot.
MeetBot is designed to be simple, not complex. Features are great, but not so much that it becomes hard to use or unwieldy to maintain.
Commands start with a #. Not all commands give feedback. Bold commands are the main important ones - knowing just them is enough to run a great meeting.
Admin commands (for only Chairs):
* #startmeeting - Start a meeting. You are designated the owner (and have permanent chair powers).
* #endmeeting - End the meeting. Must be called by a chair.
* #topic - Set a new topic.
* #agreed - Document an agreement in the minutes.
Commands for Everyone:
* #info - Add an info item to the minutes. People should liberally use this for important things they say, so that they can be logged in the minutes.
* #action - Document an action item in the minutes. Include any nicknames in the line, and the item will be assigned to them. (nicknames are case-sensitive)
* #idea - Add an idea to the minutes.
* #help - Add a "Call for Help" to the minutes. Use this command when you need to recruit someone to do a task. (Counter-intuitively, this doesn't provide help on the bot)
* #link - Add a link to the meeting minutes. The link should be the first non-command on the line, other commentary after the link is OK. Links beginning with http:// and a few other protocols are automatically detected.
More advanced commands are in the manual.
Here are some key features of "MeetBot":
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall