jabberd2 Publisher's description
from Rob Norris
jabberd 2.x project is the next generation of the jabberd project...
Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol is an IETF accepted open Internet Standard for XML based communications technology. It has been formalized under RFC 3920 and RFC 3921.
XMPP was designed for real-time communication, which powers a wide range of applications including instant messaging, presence, media negotiation, whiteboarding, collaboration, lightweight middleware, content syndication, EDI, RPC and more.
* Standards compliant: RFC 3920, RFC 3921, RFC 3920bis and RFC 3921bis; XMPP Basic Server 2008, XMPP Intermediate IM Server 2008, XMPP Core Server 2009
* Support for MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, BerkeleyDB, Oracle, LDAP, PAM, GSSAPI
* Virtual hosts with dynamic mass-virtual-hosts creation feature
* Host based ACLs and packet filter for policy XMPP routing control
* Extremely portable: Runs on Linux, *BSD, Solaris, Windows 32, DD-WRT, вЂ¦
* Unique features
o Advanced Component Protocol
o Advanced Message Processing
o Contact Addresses for XMPP Services
o Simple Communications Blocking
o Multiple resource binding on one client connection
o Resource unbinding
o Stream Management stanza acknowledgements
o SASL External authentication of clients
* XEPs supported: XEP-0012, XEP-0016, XEP-0022, XEP-0023, XEP-0030, XEP-0048, XEP-0049, XEP-0054, XEP-0073, XEP-0077, XEP-0078, XEP-0079, XEP-0083, XEP-0086, XEP-0090, XEP-0091, XEP-0092, XEP-0093, XEP-0114, XEP-0128, XEP-0138, XEP-0145, XEP-0153, XEP-0157, XEP-0160, XEP-0170, XEP-0175, XEP-0178, XEP-0185, XEP-0190, XEP-0191, XEP-0192, XEP-0193, XEP-0198, XEP-0199, XEP-0202, XEP-0203, XEP-0205, XEP-0209, XEP-0212, XEP-0216, XEP-0220, XEP-0225, XEP-0232, XEP-0237, XEP-0238, XEP-0243
What's New in This Release:В· Prevent the "billion laughs" attack against expat by disabling internal entity expansion.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall