Empathy Publisher's description
from Xavier Claessens
Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, and video.....
Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, and video chat and file transfers over many different protocols. You can tell it about your accounts on all those services and do all your chatting within one application.
* Multi-protocol: Google Talk (Jabber/XMPP), MSN, IRC, Salut, AIM, Facebook, Yahoo!, Gadu Gadu, Groupwise, ICQ and QQ. (Supported protocols depend on installed Telepathy Connection Manager components.) Supports all protocols supported by Pidgin.
* File transfer for XMPP, and local networks.
* Voice and video call using SIP, XMPP and Google Talk.
* Some IRC support.
* For detailed list of supported protocol features see here
* Conversation theming (see list of supported Adium themes).
* Sharing and viewing location information.
* Private and group chat (with smileys and spell checking).
Empathy Conversation window
* Conversation logging.
* Automatic away and extended away presence.
* Automatic reconnection using Network Manager.
* Python bindings for libempathy and libempathy-gtk
* Support for collaborative applications (вЂњtubesвЂќ).
What's New in This Release:Bugs fixed:
· Fixed #673691, empathy -h should not present existing roster window (Guillaume Desmottes)
· Updated ar Translation (Ibrahim Saed)
· Updated ca Translation (Jordi Serratosa)
· Updated ca@valencia Translation (Carles Ferrando)
· Updated hi Translation (Chandan Kumar)
· Updated zh_CN Translation (Automatic Mirroring)
· Updated fr Documentation translation (Bruno Brouard)
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall