VFront for Linux Publisher's description
from M.Marcello Verona
To whom and what VFront is useful
* VFront is useful for companies,brands or organizations, which use MySQL or PostgreSQL, in need of an easy consulting or modyfing access to database by their own employed whithout developing a specific client for that but simply using a web browser.
* Think about VFront as an interface tool for database, similar for some functions to MS access, but taking the lead with an easy access via web.VFront is not a database administration tool like phpMyAdmin and it's not replacing it : interface is for basic user working on data.
* VFront is created for non-expert users capable to work safely on data using an intuitive graphic interface.
* VFront is particularly useful when various and/or several users have to access to database using different privileges: a highly customizable system of groups and privileges makes access possible for various employed to specific tables or views, shows/hides specific fields, sets rules for input validation and keeps under control all the database activities.
* VFront has export data modules, statistics and report management based on xml, xsl and xsl-fo protocols.
* VFront can be useful too for those who, generically, are in need of an easy to install and configure database front-end.
The three VFront rules
Grabbing the paragraph shape from Asimov, we try now to express the general principles we used for developing VFront
1. VFront won't dirty your database, won't create tables or added views to your DB and won't modify data on tables unless you want expressly do it by creating queries. It will create his own discreet rules DB (or a personal schema on PostgreSQL) indeed. It won't seize your DB but let you use it.
2. VFront won't bypass rules set on your DB. Using VFront you can create new more restrictive bond rispect on those you made on your DB (in terms of foreign keys, accettable inputs on fields, etc) and not vice versa.
3. VFront will work as much best, as the definition of your database has been stricter. VFront loves normalization, foreign keys, primary keys (better if numerics), comments on tables and fields, etc... garbage in, garbage out : no escape.
What's New in This Release:В· The default language is now English.
В· SQLite was added as an option for DB data and as a method for VF registry.
В· Adminer was added as a plugin.
В· A lot of code improvements were made: check DB compatibility script, error handling system, a new pChart graph system (removed dependencies from PEAR PEAR-Image, PEAR Canvas, etc.), an error log viewer for database, CKEditor instead of FCKeditor, table aliases (show a different name for the table), and code refactoring and optimization for many features.
В· Slovak language support has been added.
System Requirements:В· Apache Web server, version 2.x
В· PHP 5.x
В· Server database MySQL 5.x, oppure PostgreSQL 7.4 o successivo o 8.x (il supporto per Postgres пїЅ in fase beta)
В· Linux server (preferably), but can also work correctly under Windows server
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall