SimpleDBM Publisher's description
from Dibyendu Majumda
SimpleDBM is an open source.....
SimpleDBM is an open source transactional database, written in Java. It has a very small footprint and can be embedded in the address space of an application. It provides a simple programming API, which can be learned very quickly.
SimpleDBM has the following features:
1. Transactional - SimpleDBM fully supports ACID transactions. SimpleDBM uses a STEAL/NO-FORCE buffer management strategy for transactions.
2. Multi-threaded - SimpleDBM is multi-threaded and supports concurrent reads and writes of data.
3. Write Ahead Log - SimpleDBM uses a write ahead log to ensure transaction recovery in the event of system crashes.
4. Lock based concurrency - SimpleDBM uses shared, update and exclusive locks to manage concurrency. Row locks are used.
5. Multiple Isolation Levels - SimpleDBM supports read-committed, repeatable-read, and serializable isolation levels.
6. B-Tree Indexes - SimpleDBM implements B-plus Tree indexes, that fully support concurrent reads, inserts and deletes. SimpleDBM B-Trees continually re-balance themselves, and do not suffer from fragmentation.
7. Tables - SimpleDBM supports tables, but for maximum flexibility, treats table rows as blobs of data. Table rows can have any internal structure as you like, and can span multiple disk pages.
8. Latches and Locks - SimpleDBM uses latches for internal consistency, and locks for concurrency. Latches are more efficient locking mechanisms that do not suffer from deadlocks.
9. Deadlock detection - SimpleDBM has support for deadlock detection. A background thread periodically checks the lock table for deadlocks and aborts transactions to resolve deadlocks.
10. Network API - A network client/server API is being developed and will be released soon!
What's New in This Release:В· This release includes a simple type-system implementation and a high level database API that makes it much easier to work with tables and indexes.
В· Several critical bugs have been fixed.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall