SchemaCrawler Publisher's description
from Sualeh Fatehi
SchemaCrawler is an open-source Java API....
SchemaCrawler is an open-source Java API that makes working with database metadata as easy as working with plain old Java objects.
Java programmers need to access database metadata
* in order to dynamically generate SQL statements
* when programmatically determining the capabilities of a given RDBMS
* when finding the names and types of tables and columns in the database
SchemaCrawler attempts to solve some of these problems by providing an API that is consistent and usable. Database metadata is provided in the form of plain old Java objects (POJOs). Some examples of the consistency and usability of the SchemaCrawler API are that:
* Table is an object that has a collection of Column objects, without requiring you to make additional calls
* There is a getType() method, whether on a Column object, a Table object, or a Procedure object, which helps with consistency, and ease of use
* Lists are always Java lists - java.util.List
* You don't worry about database resources or exception handling
* You can use standard Java programming idioms - for example, you can access the Table object from a Column object using getParent()
What's New in This Release:В· Added ability to configure SchemaCrawler linters.
В· Added a new lint for useless surrogate keys.
В· Added ability to tag tables and columns with additional metadata attributes from SQL queries.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall