psycopg for Linux Publisher's description
from Federico Di Gregorio
Psycopg is released under the terms of....
Psycopg is released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, allowing use from both free and proprietary software.
* Check the features list to see what Psycopg offers
* Read the Psycopg documentation. Be sure to check the Frequently Asked Questions
* Download Psycopg!
Psycopg is written mostly in C and wraps the libpq library with the result of being both fast and secure.
* Supports Python versions from 2.4 to 3.2
* Supports PostgreSQL versions from 7.4 to 9.1
* Fully compliant implementation of the Python DB API specification for database adapters
* Thread-safe: threads can use different connections or share the same connection
* Asynchronous nonblocking I/O, also integrated with coroutine-based libraries (gevent, Eventlet, uGreen)
* Includes the Zope Database Adapter ZPsycopgDA
* Adaptation of many Python objects to database type: tuples to records, lists to array, dictionaries to hstore
* Extendible with new adapters to convert Python objects to SQL syntax and typecasters to convert PostgreSQL types back into Python objects
* Server-side cursors
* COPY support
* Large objects support
What's New in This Release:В· This release features a bytea parser to make sure psycopg will work with binary data independently from libpq and PostgreSQL versions; support for non-normalized character encodings; a fix for empty queries; and better error reporting.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall