LooperDB Publisher's description
LooperDB is a secure, realtime, multithreaded database server for the collection and consolidation of alerts and messages.
LooperDB is a secure, realtime, multithreaded database server for the collection and consolidation of alerts and messages. It can be used as a central MoM (manager of managers)-like database depicting the current-state of the network in real time. When coupled with Looper (looper.sourceforge.net), LooperDB can provide the framework for a sophisticated and flexible network/security management infrastructure. LooperDB is written completely in C and includes all source code.
- Highly secure. All data transfer over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Installs under a non-root user account.
- All passwords 160-bit SHA1 encrypted.
- Lightweight multithreaded architecture. Minimum overhead.
- Small memory footprint.
- Extremely easy to use. Simple intuitive messaging protocol.
- A complete database with most features of SQL92 supported.
- Support for alerts via SNMP, Syslog, log files, Sockets, Pipes etc. via Looper [looper.sf.net].
- Service Monitors for ICMP, HTTP, POP3, IMAP, FTP, Telnet, LDAP, DNS, SMTP, RPC and lots more via Mon (kernel.org/software/mon).
- Support for external alerts from Netcool, Nagios, HPOV and Snort IDS via Looper.
- All source code available. Can be used freely for any purpose subject to the conditions under the GPL.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall