HypatiaDB Publisher's description
from HypatiaDB Team
HypatiaDB is an easy to use web-based database management system.
HypatiaDB is an easy to use web-based database management system. Functionally equivalent to a simplified version of Microsoft Access. The design principle behind HypatiaDB is to make a simple clone of Microsoft's Access database manager. Much like Microsoft Access, HypatiaDB is intended for end-users. You can easily create new databases, new tables and new reports. You can edit the data in tabular format or in per record forms. You can search, filter and group your data. You can import data and export data.
HypatiaDB is installed on a system which can function as a web-server. Normally, this would mean a Linux, Unix or Windows NT system.
System Requirements:??? MySQL database
??? PHP application server
1. Create an appropriate web-accessible directory to place the HypatiaDB files (usually under '/var/www').
2. Extract the HypatiaDB files into that directory and set appropriate permissions.
3. Execute the command:
mysql < schema.sql
to set up the databases required by HypatiaDB. (you may need to include your MySQL user account details). This will create a database called HypatiaDB, used for storing details on various users.
4. You then need to install the appropriate languages. At the moment, on Australian English is available. Execute this command:
mysql < languages/en-au.sql
5. Edit the file 'common_db.php' (instructions appear in that file).
6. Visit the page http://example.com/hypatia/ (where example.com is your domain. If the webserver is installed on your computer, you will be able to use http://127.0.0.1/)
7. You will need to add user appropriately to the database. Connect to the database (using the 'mysql' command line tool), and change to the HypatiaDB database:
8. Insert the appropriate record:
INSERT INTO users(username, password, email,status)
VALUES ('', '', '', '');
with the desired username
with the desired password
with the user's email address
with either "viewer" or "normal": viewer may only view data, normal can add or view data. Add as many users as necessary.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall