DataNucleus Access Platform Publisher's description
DataNucleus AccessPlatform version 2.2.....
DataNucleus AccessPlatform version 2.2 extends the 2.1 capabilities aiming for increased stability, performance, flexibility and capabilities. Below are some of the new features you can find in DataNucleus AccessPlatform 2.2.
* Addition of UUID value generator
* Add ability to not validate objects found in the cache when searching for a particular object
* Major changes to L2 caching meaning that fields are often loaded from the cache rather than datastore now
* Ability to configure (by metadata) classes to be auto-pinned in the L2 cache
* Extensions to "Managed Relations" handling many more situations
* JDO : Support for specifying the position of a column
* JDO : Support for specifying the allocation size and initial value of a sequence
* JDO : Provision of a typesafe refactor friendly query API
* JDO : Support for bulk update/ delete for JDOQL (DataNucleus extension)
* JPA : Separate jar with annotation processor for JPA Criteria queries
* JPA : Add support for fetch plans/groups (DataNucleus extension)
* RDBMS : Ability to use JDOQL queries over interfaces
* RDBMS : Support for N-1 unidirectional join table relation
* RDBMS : Include fallback (DBCP) connection pool for JDK1.6 usage when nothing specified
* RDBMS : Dropped support for legacy JDOQL implementation, and implementation override mechanism
* RDBMS : Option on 1-1 relation to fetch FK only and not join (performance)
* RDBMS : Improvements to memory handling when running queries with defined ranges and where the datastore cannot handle range restriction directly
* RDBMS : Support for maps with embedded keys/values and the value/key being a field of the embedded key/value. Also now supports default definition of embedded key/value for a map.
* RDBMS : Add ability to not run queries in separate thread
* RDBMS : Add ability to specify different connection pooling for non-transactional connections
* RDBMS : Add ability to retain the connection when using non-transactional read/write
* RDBMS : Add ability to reuse columns for multiple fields of a class
* RDBMS : Much improved support for handling of nulls in collections/maps/arrays
* Excel : Support for cascade-delete
* ODF : Support for cascade-delete
* Add ability to not clear external cache at close of PMF/EMF
What's New in This Release:В· Cascade-attach of arrays of persistables was fixed.
В· The JPA extension feature "findTypeConversion" was fixed.
В· A bug in OSGi class loading for persistence.xml was fixed.
В· Support for sequences with Derby was added.
В· Some other minor improvements were made.
System Requirements:В· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall