databeans Publisher's description
from Raphael Jolly
This is a new, fully object oriented persistence framework for java
This is a new, fully object oriented persistence framework for java ; client/server, transactional, garbage collected, with persistent versions of the Collection classes, XML export/import, and security, it aims to replace (not just complement) relational db solutions.
Here are the detailed features of the project:
* based on the use of javabeans accessor methods to read/write data on disk in place of in class instance fields
* client/server (through RMI)
* transactional (with the 4 ANSI isolation levels supported)
* garbage collected (backed by an on-disk heap called "heapspace")
* with persistent versions of the Collection classes (adapted manually but almost literally from the JDK)
* XML export/import (through javabeans long-term persistence mechanism)
* class access permission based security
What's New in This Release:array classes not put in cache
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall