mplay Publisher's description
mplay is a console based frontend for MPlayer written in Perl....
mplay is a console based frontend for MPlayer written in Perl.
MPlayer plays most audio and video formats.
Work on mplay was motivated by experience of other console based audio players.
Although mplay is a front-end to MPlayer, it extends its functions in several significant ways. It:
* keeps a browsable , sortable and searchable playlist
* provides an internal filebrowser to add files
* provides essential status information
* includes a progress bar
* remembers the position within the track last played before quitting
* shows ID3-info / tag and it is possible to edit ID3-tag
* gives user-friendly output through a colour scheme
* runs as single-instance (provides basic controlling from outside)
* provides basic mixer functions
* provides an own interactive shoutcast streambrowser
* interactive help (German/English) for control keys
* mouse support
* jump to track, jump to time-position(very useful for http-streams)
* plays various http-streams
System Requirements:* perl
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall