mp3check (perl script) Publisher's description
mp3check is a perl script that examines a set of MP3 files for CD-burning suitability.
mp3check is a perl script that examines a set of MP3 files for CD-burning suitability. I wrote this for use with my Aiwa CDC-MP3 car player.
Basically, you run the thing: mp3check [list of files...], and it'll check important things:
* Are the filenames <= 31 characters? (Needed for some filesystems.)
* Do the MP3s start with a two-digit number, to represent track ordering?
* Are there useless playlist/M3U files in the directory?
* Do the MP3s have ID3 tags with artist, title, and album listings?
* Are there strange characters or spaces in the filenames?
* Are the internal data structures of the MP3s correct?
* other stuff.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall