Grip Publisher's description
from Mike Oliphant
Grip is a cd-player and cd-ripper for the Gnome desktop.
Grip is a cd-player and cd-ripper for the Gnome desktop. It has the ripping capabilities of cdparanoia builtin, but can also use external rippers (such as cdda2wav). It also provides an automated frontend for MP3 (and other audio format) encoders, letting you take a disc and transform it easily straight into MP3s.
* Full-featured CD player with a small screen footprint in "condensed" mode
* Database lookup/submission to share track information over the net
* HTTP proxy support for those behind firewalls
* Loop, shuffle, and playlist modes
* Ripping of single, multiple, or partial tracks
* Encoding of ripped .wav files into MP3 files (as well support for OGG and FLAC)
* Simultaneous rip and encode
* Support for multiple encode processes on SMP machines
* Adding ID3v1/v2 tags to MP3 files
* Cooperating with DigitalDJ, my SQL-based MP3 jukebox
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall