CMI8787 BETA Driver 8.17.72 for Windows 7 Publisher's description
CMI8787 BETA Driver 8.17.72 for Windows 7
The CMI8787 and CMI8788 is a high quality PCI 32-bit multi-channel audio processor that can be built into home audio electronics or personal computers to provide high fidelity sound playback and processing for high-end audio applications. It supports up to 8 output channels which enables 7.1-channel suround sound with High-Definition 192k / 24bit audio joyfulness from only personal computers. Besides, the CMI8787 also provide diverse audio I/O such as S/PDIF (32 bits, 2 channels, 192K), front panel (16 bits, 2 channels, 48K) and MIDI (MPU-401) port. The 8-input-channels architecture of recording is a unique point of the CMI8787 that enables very flexible recording options for users.
The CMI8787 and CMI8788 is an audio controller which is compatible with all the popular codecs, from I2S codecs with over 120dB quality to the usual AC97 codecs. This ability gives customers the flexibility to design their products exactly the way they want them. The I2S, AC-Link, 2-wire master bus, and SPI interfaces are used to transfer audio data and control data between the CMI8787 / CMI8788 and codecs. To facilitate the connection with existing home audio electronics, the CMI8787 / CMI8788 has incorporated the S/PDIF transmitter and receiver with 192k sampling rate and 24-bit resolution.
Moreover, CMI8788 also supports Dolby Digital Live 5.1 (AC-3) and DTS Connect(DTS NEO:PC, DTS Interactive) real-time interactive content encoder. Dolby Digital Live encodes all digital audio sources on PC such as 3D game audio, VCD, MP3, WMA, Internet radioвЂ¦ into 5.1CH Dolby Digital stream transmitted via consumer standard S/PDIF link to external decoder/receiver and even Home Theater system. With Dolby Digital Live encoder feature, users can easily connect PC audio to consumer sound system by S/PDIF interface. It realizes Digital Home Entertainment PC in the living room. DTS Neo:PC turns any 2channel audio into 7.1 channel surround sound. DTS Interactive encodes all audio streams into DTS bit stream transmitted through S/PDIF interface.
* Capability of processing 192K / 24bit High Definition audio
* Divers audio I/O interface for different product segments
* Mature high quality sound card reference design speeds up your productsвЂ™ time to market
* Complete testing tool available for fast mass production
* Increase your profit margin per dollar cost
* PCI 2.2 interface with bus mastering and burst modes
* 4 synchronous I2S output pairs
* 4 synchronous I2S input pairs
* Multi-channel AC-link can support 2 AC97 codecs
* All I2S I/O pairs support 32-bit high-definition PCM data transfer and adjustable sample rate up to 192KHz
* Integrated 192k/24-bit S/PDIF transmitter
* Integrated 192k/24-bit S/PDIF receiver
* S/PDIF IN supports digital loop back path for transforming between optical and RCA connection
* Serial bus to communicate with micro control unit (MCU)
* MPU-401 MIDI UART port support
* EEPROM control interface
* 9 direct access GPIO pins
* 128-pin LQFP high-quality thin package
* Optional: Front panel design available with ac97 codec