CMI8768 Driver 8.17.40 for Windows 7 Publisher's description
CMI8768 Driver 8.17.40 for Windows 7
CMI8768 series is the first high performance PCI integrated sound single-chip in the world which provide 8 channel output with upto 96K / 16 bit. Beside basic I/O supports, CMI8768+ supports Dolby Digital Live 5.1 (AC-3) real-time interactive content encoder. Dolby Digital Live encodes all digital audio sources on PC such as 3D game audio, VCD, MP3, WMA, Internet radio into 5.1CH Dolby Digital stream transmitted via consumer standard S/PDIF link to external decoder/receiver and even Home Theater system. With Dolby Digital Live encoder feature, users can easily connect PC audio to consumer sound system by S/PDIF interface. It realizes Digital Home Entertainment PC in the living room.
Addition to CMI9768+ with Dolby Digital Live 5.1 (AC-3) supported, CMI8770 also provides DTS Connect (DTS NEO:PC, DTS Interactive) real-time interactive content encoder. DTS Neo:PC turns any 2channel audio into 7.1 channel surround sound. DTS Interactive encodes all audio streams into DTS bit stream transmitted through S/PDIF interface.
Integrated S/PDIF transmitter can also pass through 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS, or 6.1/7.1 Dolby Digital Surround EX/DTS ES DVD audio stream to the external receiver satisfying audio enthusiasts and pioneers.
On the software side, CMI-8768 series supports Cmedia Xear Living and Cmedia Xear Voice with Windows Drivers. Linux driver is also available in most Linux OS versions.
* Reduce cost in major components and narrow PCB footprint for main-stream market
* Mature high quality sound card reference design speeds up your productsвЂ™ time to market
* Complete testing tool available for fast mass production
* The global first 8CH single sound chip with embedded codec saving customer total BOM cost
* Full-duplex 8CH DAC/2CH ADC
* Supports 96K/16bit playback; 48K/16bit recording
* CE level high-quality Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR)~ 100dB
* Integrated S/PDIF transmitter supports 44.1k/48k/96KHz sample-rate and 16bits resolution
* PCI Rev. 2.2 compliant with bus mastering modes
* Supports the latest Dolby Digital EX and DTS ES 6.1/7.1CH DVD soundtrack playback
* Two S/PDIF inputs for optical and coaxial connectors individually
* Built-in earphone buffer at front-out pings(32 loading)
* External EEPROM Interface for SID R/W purpose
* Supports MPU401 MIDI UART port
* ACPI compliant power down management
* Zoomed Video Port support
* Industrial standard 128-lead QFP package
* Pin-to-Pin compatible with CMI8738 series
* Digital power = 3.3V & 5V, Analog power = 5V