C-Media CMI8788 Driver 8.17.73 Publisher's description
C-Media CMI8788 Driver 8.17.73
The CMI8788 is a high quality PCI 32-bit multi-channel audio processor that can be built in the home audio electronics or personal computer to provide high fidelity sound and become a professional audio processing center in your life. It supports up to 12 outgoing channels and 8 ingoing channels. The 12 outgoing channels are composed of 3 playback DMAs, which are multi-channel DMA (32 bits, 8 channels, 192k), S/PDIF DMA (32 bits, 2 channels, 192k), and front panel DMA (16 bits, 2 channels, 48k). The 8 ingoing channels are spread in 3 recording DMAs (32 bits, 192k), namely recording A, B, and C DMAs. The architecture of recording is a unique point of CMI8788 that makes the recording become the most flexible for the users. The details of the recording mode selection will be explained in the later sections.
The CMI8788 can co-work with all the popular codecs nowadays from I2S codecs with over 120dB quality to the usual AC97 codecs. This ability gives customers the flexibility to design their products. The I2S, AC-Link, 2-wire master bus, and SPI interfaces are used to transfer audio data and control data between the CMI8788 and codecs. To facilitate the connection with the existing home audio electronics, the CMI8788 has incorporated the S/PDIF transmitter and receiver with 192k sampling rate in it.
* PCI 2.2 Interface with Bus Mastering and Burst Modes
* 4 synchronous I2S output pairs
* 4 synchronous I2S input pairs
* Multi-channel AC-link can support 2 AC97 codecs
* All I2S I/O pairs support 32-bit high-definition PCM data transfer and adjustable sample rate up to 192KHz
* Integrated 192k/24-bit S/PDIF transmitter
* Integrated 192k/24-bit S/PDIF receiver
* S/PDIF IN supports digital loop back path for transforming between optical and RCA connection
* Serial bus to communicate with micro control unit (MCU)
* MPU-401 MIDI UART port support
* EEPROM control interface
* 9 direct access GPIO pins
* 128-pin LQFP high-quality thin package
* Optional: Front panel design available with ac97 codec
* DTS Interactive V a real-time 5.1encoder that takes any 2 or more channel and encodes it into DTS bit stream.
* DTS NeoPC - an up mix matrix that turns any 2 channel audio into 7.1 surround sound
* Independent Dolby Digital Live (AC-3) 5.1 real-time encoding bit-stream to facilitate the connection with CE AV receiver
* Dolby Pro-Logic IIx surround processor spreading stereo audio into 7.1 channel surround sounds
* Renowned Dolby Headphone technology conveying 5.1 surround or 3D gaming sounds over stereo headphones
* Latest Dolby Virtual Speaker solution bringing amazing virtual surround sound fields via general two speakers
* C-Media FlexBass V LFE channel crossover frequency set-able from range 50 to 250Hz; large speaker selectable
* C-Media Magic Voice popular feature for disguising your tone in online chatting
* C-Media Xear 3D 7.1 Virtual Speaker shifter technology
* C-Media unique Karaoke functions: Microphone Echo, Key-Shifting
* 27 global reverberation environments
* Supports most industrial standards of PC 3D sound for gaming, including EAX 1.0&2.0, A3D 1.0, and DirectSound
* Support 7.1 CH digital audio playback for WinXP 64, WinXP ,Win2000 (Microsoft DirectX V.9.0 above is required)
* ASIO2 Function Support
* Linux driver available (w/o Dolby/DTS and other DSP technologies)
DTS CONNECT, DTS INTERACTIVE and DTS NEO:PC are trademarks of DTS, Inc. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.
* Pro-sumer high-quality PCI sound card for retailer market
* Consumer sound card powered by Dolby and DTS technologies
* PC-based media center
* Wireless media adapter
* Professional PC musician application
* High-end motherboard requiring top audio quality
* Audio up-sell for PC systems
* Bundle selling with high-profile VGA cards
* General purpose multi-channel I/O
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.