HP EliteBook 2530p Notebook PC Software - Solutions 188.8.131.52 for Windows Vista Business 32-bit Publisher's description
Intel PROSet Extensions for Microsoft Windows Vista
This package contains the Intel PROSet Extensions for the supported notebooks/laptops, adapters, and operating systems.
Intel PROSet includes wireless LAN extensions that add support for Cisco Compatible Extensions.
- Provides Intel PROSet 12.4 for use with the 184.108.40.206 driver.
- Provides Intel My WiFi Technology for systems with an Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100/5300 Network Connection.
- Fixes a pairing issue that occurs with the Intel "My WiFi" Personal Area Network feature (only for Intel WiFi Link 5000 Series).
- Download and install HP SoftPaq Number SP44292, "Intel PRO/Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows Vista", Version 220.127.116.11 Rev A, before installing this SoftPaq.
- Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or the Microsoft Hotfix for KB932063 is required. For more information about this Hotfix, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 932063, titled "Several problems occur on a Windows Vista-based computer when you work in a wireless network environment."
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1, or later, must be installed.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. After installation is complete, reboot the system.
NOTE: After the files are unpacked, the Setup program runs automatically. If the setup program (setup.exe) needs to be run manually, look for it in the download directory.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.