HP EliteBook 2530p Notebook PC Software - Security 5.50 B for Windows Vista Business 64-bit Publisher's description
Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools
This package contains the Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools and the Infineon Trusted Platform Module (TPM) driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems.
NOTE: The TPM driver is not loaded for Microsoft Windows Vista Operating Systems because this support is already included in the operating system.
- Fixes a Key Set issue that occurred while configuring the EFS when the system time was changed.
- Fixes issue where the Basic User Password (BUP) is visible even after enabling the "Enable stringent password field security" policy. The policy does not work for the Password Reset wizard.
- Fixes issue where the Embedded Security User initialization process ends with an "Unspecified error."
- Fixes an issue where enabling or disabling Embedded Security for HP
ProtectTools causes an "Unknown" internal error.
- Fixes an issue where the re-install process for Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools fails to restore the Personal Secure Drive (PSD) shortcut icon that was left behind from the uninstall.
- HP ProtectTools Security Manager Suite 4.0
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq .EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.