HP EliteBook 2530p Notebook PC Software - Solutions 13.0 for XP Pro Publisher's description
Intel PROSet for Intel PRO/Wireless Network Connection
This package contains the Intel PROSet Software for the supported notebooks, adapters, and operating systems.
Intel PROSet is a wireless LAN (WLAN) application that replaces the default Microsoft Windows XP Windows Zero Configuration Service. Once Intel PROSet is
installed, it must be used to configure the Intel wireless devices and to manage the wireless network connections.
Intel PROSet is required for users with the supported Intel adapters in order to connect to wireless networks that use Cisco Compatible Extensions. Users may also find Intel PROSet useful for advanced profile management, single-sign-on
support, and advanced diagnostics. Most home and small office/home office (SOHO) users do not need this functionality. If Microsoft Windows XP Windows Zero
Configuration service is required again, uninstall Intel PROSet.
- Provides Intel PROSet 13.0 for use with the 188.8.131.52 driver.
- HP SoftPaq Number SP45837, "Intel PRO/Wireless Drivers," Version 13.0 Rev A, must be downloaded and installed before installing this SoftPaq.
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1, or later, must be installed.
- Microsoft Windows XML 6.0, or later, must be installed.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Restart the notebook after the installation is complete.
NOTE: After the files are unpacked, the Setup program runs automatically. If the setup program (wappinst.cmd) needs to be run manually, look for it in the download directory.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.