HP EliteBook 2530p Notebook PC Software - Solutions 8.20 for Windows Vista Enterprise 32-bit Publisher's description
Intel PROSet Extensions for Microsoft Windows Vista
This package contains the Intel PROSet Extensions for the supported notebooks/laptops, adapters, and operating systems.
Intel PROSet includes wireless LAN extensions that add support for Cisco Compatible Extensions.
- Provides Intel 12.3.2 PROSet IHV Extensions for driver version 188.8.131.52 to support the Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5300, 5100, 4965, and Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Network Connection.
- Provides Intel My WiFi Technology for systems with the Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100/5300 Network Connection.
- Download and install HP SoftPaq Number sp42617, "Intel PRO/Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows Vista," Version 8.20 Rev B, before installing this
- Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or the Microsoft Hotfix for KB932063 is required. For more information about this Hotfix, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 932063, titled "Several problems occur on a Windows Vista-based computer when you work in a wireless network environment."
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1, or later, must be installed.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. After installation is complete, reboot the system.
NOTE: After the files are unpacked, the Setup program runs automatically. If the setup program (setup.exe) needs to be run manually, look for it in the download directory.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.