HP EliteBook 2530p Notebook PC Operating System - Enhancements and QFEs 3.00.1.4 for XP Pro Publisher's description
Firmware Upgrade for Panasonic UJ862A Optical Drive
This package installs Microsoft fixes and enhancements for the Microsoft Windows XP Operating System with Service Pack 2 (SP2), as well as providing other fixes and enhancements that are specific to the supported notebook/laptop models.
These fixes and enhancements are required to improve the performance of these notebook models.
NOTE: The following QFEs, which are included in this release, apply ONLY to Tablet PCs.
- Includes the fix from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 885464, "SBP-2 drive stops responding when you try to write data in Windows XP."
- Includes the fix from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 888402, "Hard disk volume monitoring may stop in Windows XP."
- Includes the fix from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 889673, "A hardware DEP-enabled computer may stop responding when you resume from standby or from hibernation in Windows XP Service Pack 2."
- Includes the fix from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 914642, which is not available from the Web.
- Includes the fix from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 915326, "When you remove an external USB 2.0 hub from a Windows XP-based computer, USB devices that were connected to the USB 2.0 hub are not immediately removed from Device
- Includes the fix from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 949764, "A USB device no longer works after you resume a Windows XP-based computer from hibernation (S4)."
- Includes the fix from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 953955, "The Win32_Processor class returns the incorrect Name property for the processors on a computer that is running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 and the computer
has Intel Core 2 Duo processors installed."
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.