HP Compaq 2210b Notebook PC Software Solutions 7.00 for XP Publisher's description
Intel PROSet for Intel PRO/Wireless Network Connection
This package contains Intel PROSet Software for the supported notebooks, adapters, and operating systems. Intel PROSet is a wireless LAN (WLAN) application that replaces the default Microsoft Windows XP Windows Zero Configuration service. Once Intel PROSet is installed, it must be used to configure the Intel wireless devices and to manage the wireless network connections. Intel PROSet is required for users with the supported Intel adapters in order to connect to wireless networks that use Cisco Compatible Extensions. Users may also find Intel PROSet useful for advanced profile management, single-sign-on support, and advanced diagnostics. Most home and small office/home office (SOHO) users do not need this functionality. If Microsoft Windows XP Windows Zero Configuration service is required again, uninstall Intel PROSet.
Provides Intel PROSet version 11.1.1 for the:
- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965 and Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Network Connection (driver version 220.127.116.11)
- Intel PRO/Wireless 2915 a/b/g Network Connection (driver version 18.104.22.168)
- Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 b/g Network Connection (driver version 22.214.171.124)
- Fixes issue where the Administrator Tool cannot be launched.
- Fixes issue where the user is not informed about 802.11n supported security settings.
- Fixes issue where profiles are not saved in the profile list after reboot.
- Fixes issue where the application does not launch if no profiles are defined.
- Fixes issue during install/uninstall operation where вЂњService terminated unexpectedlyвЂќ errors are logged in the Windows Event Viewer.
- Fixes issue where Single-Sign-On profiles are lost after upgrading PROSet applications.
- Fixes issue where Dr. WiFi (wireless troubleshooter application) stops responding (crashes) after running for an extended time period (about 24 hours).
- Fixes issue where 802.11n Tx/Rx statistics are incorrect. - Fixes issues that may occur during WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) discovery and registration phases.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.