Compaq Armada E700 Notebook PC series System ROMPaq (BIOS) 686H_2001.0721 for Windows 2000 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada E700 Notebook PC series System ROMPaq (BIOS) 686H_2001.0721 for Windows 2000
This Softpaq is the system BIOS (ROMPaq) upgrade for the Armada notebook family and models listed below. The BIOS interfaces directly with the hardware of the system.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP18485
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: Armada E700/M700 System BIOS (ROMPaq)
LANGUAGE: English (US)
CATEGORY: ROMPaqs and System Software
Armada E700 Family: All Models
Armada M700 Family: All Models
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows ME
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
Microsoft Windows 3.1
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
Microsoft Windows NT 3.51
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 2, 2001
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 5.0
This is the system BIOS (ROMPaq) upgrade for the Armada notebook
family and models listed in PRODUCTS AFFECTED above. The BIOS interfaces directly with the hardware of system.
- Adds thermal safety improvements.
- Disables blank screen or timeout into Standby mode if external monitor attached.
HOW TO USE
1. Obtain a formatted 1.44-MB diskette.
2. Download the ROMPaq/SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is an executable with a filename based on the ROMPaq/SoftPaq Number above.
3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file
and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be prompted to
insert the formatted diskette in a drive to create the diskette.
4. After the diskette has been created, you may delete the
SoftPaq file downloaded in step 2.
5. Turn off the computer.
6. Place the newly created Compaq Armada M700 ROMPaq Diskette in Drive A: and turn on the computer. Follow the instructions on the screen to upgrade the System BIOS.
DO NOT TURN OFF POWER TO THE COMPUTER WHILE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE!
Copyright 2001, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.