Compaq Armada E700 Notebook PC series Synaptics Touchpad Driver 5.0.45 A for Windows 2000 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada E700 Notebook PC series Synaptics Touchpad Driver 5.0.45 A for Windows 2000
This softpaq is the Windows 2000 driver for the Synaptics TouchPad in the Armada notebooks listed below.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP16795
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: Armada Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 2000
LANGUAGE: US English
CATEGORY: Input Devices
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Compaq Armada E Series, M Series, V Series
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 2000
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: Synaptics Touchpad installed
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 30, 2001
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 4.0
This is the Windows 2000 driver for the Synaptics Touchpad in the
Armada notebooks listed above.
1. Attempting to create a Microsoft Emergency Repair disk after installing the Synaptics TouchPad driver Version 5.0.45 on units running Win2000 will produce the following error message(s) if "Run Emergency Repair Disk utility" is not checked prior to installation:
"Cannot execute the Emergency Repair Disk utility."
"It is strongly recommended that you manually create an Emergency Repair Disk before Clicking 'OK' to continue."
2. While uninstalling the Synaptics Tohchpad driver Version 5.0.45, the following message may appear on the screen:
"InstNT.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
You need to restart the program." This is a false warning; the driver will still be uninstalled successfully.
3. The Synaptics Touchpad driver Version 5.0.45 does not contain a SETUP.ISS (silent-install scripts) to support Install Shield's silent install feature.
4. Ejecting a docked PC with a scrolling PS/2 mouse attached to the docking station may cause the Touchpad to perform erratically. The Touchpad may also perform erratically if a scrolling PS/2 mouse, which was connected to the unit when the unit was placed into Suspend mode, is disconnected from the unit before it is brought out of Suspend mode.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive.
The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Entering "Y" to confirm the unpacking of files creates a new directory folder in the download directory. All files are unpacked into this newly created directory.
3. After the directory has been created, you may delete the
self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. To install, run SETUP.EXE. For example, enter:
[path]SETUP where [path] is the drive and directory created in step 2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: For silent installation (no prompts) enter: [path]SETUP -s
5. After the installation is completed, you may delete the directory created in step 2 if you wish.
Copyright 2001, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies