Compaq Armada E700 Notebook PC series Hard Drive Firmware Upgrade A0H1 for Windows 2000 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada E700 Notebook PC series Hard Drive Firmware Upgrade A0H1 for Windows 2000
Creates a bootable firmware upgrade diskette to upgrade the hard drive firmware in the Armada models listed below containing the Hitachi hard drive models listed below.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP18449
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
Armada Notebook Hard Drive Firmware Upgrade for Specific Hitachi Drives
Compaq Armada M300 Series, Armada M700 Series,Armada E500 Series, Armada E700 Series
OPERATING SYSTEM: N/A
Hitachi hard drive models DK23AA-12, DK23AA-60, and DK23AA-51
PREREQUISITES: Hitachi hard drive with firmware revision A0H0
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 25, 2001
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 5.x
Creates a bootable firmware upgrade diskette to upgrade the hard drive firmware in the Armada models listed above containing the Hitachi hard drive models listed above.
- This upgrade must be run from the bootable diskette. It will not work when run from a protected mode DOS prompt.
- The firmware update will only be performed on the Hitachi drive models listed above. It will not be performed on any other model of Hitachi drive, or any other hard drive from a different manufacturer.
- A complete power cycle is necessary before the upgrade takes affect.
- Resolves potential slow performance or failure of Armada notebook to recognize hard drive after displaying the following error message: "Fixed Disk Parameter Table or BIOS Error, System Halted"
HOW TO USE:
NOTE: This upgrade procedure requires a blank, formatted diskette.
1. Download the SoftPaq to a temporary directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is an executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Put a blank 1.44-MB diskette in drive A.
3. Run SP18449.EXE to create a bootable diskette containing all files necessary to perform the upgrade.
4. Make sure AC power is attached and restart the notebook, allowing it to boot from the diskette. Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. When the firmware upgrade is completed, turn the notebook off. Take the diskette out of the floppy drive and turn the unit on.
6. After the upgrade is successful, you may delete the temporary files downloaded in step 1.
Copyright 2001, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.