Compaq Armada E700 Notebook PC series Easy Point IV 2.00 A for Windows 2000 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada E700 Notebook PC series Easy Point IV 2.00 A for Windows 2000
Unpacks files needed to install the Armada Specific Models EasyPoint IV for the models listed below. Optionally creates an installation diskette.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP13494
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
Armada Specific Models EasyPoint IV for Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/2000
VERSION: 2.00 Rev. A (2.0b11/22.214.171.124)
LANGUAGE: US English
CATEGORY: Support Software and Driver Bundles
Compaq Armada E700 Series
Compaq Armada M700 Series
Compaq Armada E500 Series
Compaq Armada V300 Series
Compaq Armada M300 Series
Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
Microsoft Windows 2000
This softpaq is only intended for models that have the touchpoint and not those with the touchpad.
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 9, 2000
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 4.0
Unpacks files needed to install the Armada Specific
Models EasyPoint IV for Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/2000 for the models
listed above in PRODUCTS AFFECTED.
- Resolves INF checker failure in WHQL certification application.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive.
The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Entering "Y" to confirm the unpacking of files creates a new directory folder in the download directory. All files are unpacked into this newly created directory.
3. After the directory has been created, you may delete the
self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS MUST BE UNINSTALLED FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING THE NEW DRIVER.
Please refer to Readme.txt on Disk1 for ninstallation/installation
instructions for Windows 95, 98, and NT 4.0. Refer to Readme.txt
on Disk2 for uninstallation/installation instructions for Windows 2000.
The readme files refer to the hardware as the IBM PS/2
Trackpoint Keyboard. Compaq calls this the Compaq EasyPoint IV.
When you uninstall the old (EasyPoint IV) driver and reboot, you will see the name PS/2 Compatible Mouse in Device Manager. When
you install the new driver you will see Compaq EasyPoint IV.
5. After the installation is completed, you may delete the directory created in step 2 if you wish.
Copyright 2000, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.