Compaq Armada e500s Notebook PC series Docking Station Driver 1.40 A for Windows 2000 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada e500s Notebook PC series Docking Station Driver 1.40 A for Windows 2000
This is the Compaq Docking Station Driver for the operating systems, Armada notebooks, and docking stations listed below. It is a Power Policy driver that prevents the computer from going into unsupported Sleep modes while docked.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP16682
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: Compaq Docking Station Driver
VERSION: 1.40 Rev. A
LANGUAGE: US English
CATEGORY: Operating System Enhancements
Compaq Armada E700 Series
Compaq Armada M700 Series
Compaq Armada E500 Series
Compaq Armada V300 Series
Compaq Armada M300 Series
Compaq Armada 7800 Series
Compaq Armada 7400 Series
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows Me
This driver supports the following docking stations:
Compaq ArmadaStation, Compaq Armada MiniStation T,
Compaq Armada MiniStation EX,Compaq Armada MiniStation E,
Compaq ArmadaStation EM,Compaq Armada Convenience Base EM,
Compaq Armada Port Replicator EM
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 2, 2001
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 5.0
This is the Compaq Docking Station Driver for Windows 98, Windows Me, and Windows 2000 for the Armada notebooks and docking stations listed above. It is a Power Policy driver that prevents the computer from going into unsupported sleep modes while docked.
- Uses Microsoft VXD that fixes the problem where a docked system becomes unstable after trying to go to hibernation on Windows 98.
- Fixes code that checks for administrative privileges at setup time.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive.
The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Confirm the unpacking of files creates a new directory folder in the download directory. All files are unpacked into this newly created directory.
3. After the directory has been created, you may delete the
self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. To install, run SETUP.EXE. For example, enter:
[path]SETUP where [path] is the drive and directory created in step 2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. After the installation is completed, you may delete the directory created in step 2 if you wish.
Copyright 2001, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.