Compaq Armada e500 Notebook PC System ROMPaq (BIOS) 686N_2002.0315 A for XP Pro Publisher's description
Compaq Armada e500 Notebook PC System ROMPaq (BIOS) 686N_2002.0315 A for XP Pro
This SoftPaq contains the system BIOS upgrade (ROMPaq) for the Armada notebook family and models listed in Supported Systems. The BIOS interfaces directly with the hardware of the system.
TITLE: Armada E500 System BIOS (ROM)
VERSION: 2002.03.15 Rev A
This SoftPaq creates a diskette for upgrading the System BIOS (ROM) in Armada E500 Series notebooks. The BIOS interfaces directly with the hardware of the computer.
PURPOSE: Routine Release
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP20947
EFFECTIVE DATE: April 16, 2002
SSM SUPPORTED: No
Armada E500 Series
- Fixes embedded keypad issues so users can press Fn+key to access the embedded keypad.
- Fixes Microsoft Optical (5 button) pointing device detection issues.
- Fixes a problem with the drive lock password.
HOW TO USE:
1. Obtain a formatted 1.44-MB diskette.
2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is an executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file
and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be prompted to
insert the formatted diskette in a drive to create the diskette.
4. After the diskette has been created, you may delete the
SoftPaq file downloaded in step 2.
5. Turn off the computer.
6. Place the newly created Compaq Armada E500 ROMPaq Diskette in Drive A: and turn on the computer. Follow the instructions on the screen to upgrade the System BIOS.
DO NOT TURN OFF POWER TO THE COMPUTER WHILE PERFORMING THIS
Copyright (c) 2002 Compaq Information Technologies Group, L.P.
Compaq and the Compaq logo are trademarks of Compaq Information Technologies Group, L.P. in the U.S. and other countries.
All other product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.