Compaq Armada e500 Notebook PC Mobile Intel PRO/100 NIC PXE Boot Manager Upgrade 2.00 A for XP Pro Publisher's description
Compaq Armada e500 Notebook PC Mobile Intel PRO/100 NIC PXE Boot Manager Upgrade 2.00 A for XP Pro
This SoftPaq creates a bootable floopy diskette that will upgrade the PXE Boot Manager for the Intel PRO/100 NIC to version 4.19.
TITLE: Mobile Intel PRO/100 NIC PXE Boot Manager Upgrade
VERSION: 2.00 Rev A
This SoftPaq creates a bootable floopy diskette that will upgrade the PXE Boot Manager for the Mobile Intel PRO/100 NIC to version 4.1.09 in the notebook models listed below.
PURPOSE: Routine Release
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: 22934
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 20, 2002
SSM SUPPORTED: No
Compaq Armada E500 (Select Models)
Compaq Armada E500S (Select Models)
Compaq Armada M300 (Select Models)
Compaq Armada M700 (Select Models)
Compaq Armada V300 (Select Models)
Compaq Prosignia 170 (Select Models)
Compaq Prosignia 190 (Select Models)
Operating System independent
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq number above.
2. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file. This will create a bootable floppy disk -- be sure to have a formatted floppy diskette in drive a:.
3. After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the
self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. Make sure that the portable computer is on A/C power and not running on battery power alone. Do NOT interrupt the upgrade process once it has started!
THIS UTILITY WILL ALSO UPGRADE THE INTEL NIC IN DOCKING STATIONS EQUIPPED WITH AN INTEL PRO/100 NIC -- IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE DOCKING STATION NIC TO BE UPGRADED ALONG WITH THE INTERNAL
NIC OF THE PORTABLE, UNDOCK THE PORTABLE BEFORE BOOTING WITH THIS
5. To install the PXE Boot Manager Upgrade, reboot the machine with the floppy created in Step 2 in drive a: and the PXE Boot Manager will be automatically updated.
6. Reboot the system when the upgrade is complete.
Copyright (c) 2002 Hewlett-Packard Company. All Rights Reserved.
Compaq and the Compaq logo are trademarks of the Hewlett-Packard Company in the U.S. and other countries.
All other product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.