Compaq Armada e500 Notebook PC Mobile Intel PRO/100 NIC PXE Boot Manager Upgrade 1.00 A for Windows 2000 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada e500 Notebook PC Mobile Intel PRO/100 NIC PXE Boot Manager Upgrade 1.00 A for Windows 2000
This SoftPaq creates a bootable floopy diskette that will upgrade the PXE Boot Manager for the Intel PRO/100 NIC to version 4.19.
TITLE: Mobile Intel PRO/100 NIC PXE Boot Manager Upgrade
VERSION: 1.00 Rev A (Vendor Version 4.19)
This SoftPaq creates a bootable floopy diskette that will
upgrade the PXE Boot Manager for the Intel PRO/100 NIC to version 4.19.
PURPOSE: Routine Release
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP20123
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 02, 2002
SSM SUPPORTED: No
Compaq Aramda M300 (Select Models)
Compaq Aramda V300 (Select Models)
Compaq Aramda M700 (Select Models)
Compaq Aramda E500 (Select Models)
Compaq Aramda E500S (Select Models)
Compaq Prosignia 170 (Select Models)
Compaq Prosignia 190 (Select Models)
Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit Professional
Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit Home
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Microsoft Windows Millenium Edition
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
Microsoft Windows 9x
LANGUAGE(S): US English
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq number above.
2. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file. This will create a bootable floppy disk -- be sure to have a formatted floppy diskette in drive a:.
3. After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the
self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. Make sure that the portable computer is on A/C power and not running on battery power alone. Do NOT interrupt the upgrade process once it has started!
NOTE: THIS UTILITY WILL ALSO UPGRADE THE INTEL NIC IN
DOCKING STATIONS EQUIPPED WITH AN INTEL PRO/100 NIC -- IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE DOCKING STATION NIC TO BE UPGRADED ALONG WITH THE INTERNAL NIC OF THE PORTABLE, UNDOCK THE PORTABLE BEFORE BOOTING WITH THIS DISKETTE.
5. To install the PXE Boot Manager Upgrade, reboot the machine with the floppy created in Step 2 in drive a: and the PXE Boot Manager will be automatically updated.
6. Reboot the system when the upgrade is complete.
Copyright 2002, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.