Compaq Armada e500 Notebook PC Mobile Intel PRO/100 NIC Drivers 3.02 Rev A for Windows 2000 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada e500 Notebook PC Mobile Intel PRO/100 NIC Drivers 3.02 Rev A for Windows 2000
This Softpaq contains the Windows drivers for the Compaq Mobile Intel PRO/100 Series Mini PCI NIC in the Compaq notebook models listed below.
- 18.104.22.168 NDIS5 Windows 2000 driver
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to unpack the files. You will be given the chance to specify the target directory for the files, or default to the download directory.
3. After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
Windows 2000 NIC DRIVER INSTALLATION:
-- For FIRST TIME installation of the NIC drivers
1. If prompted by the New Hardware Wizard, point to the drive and directory path chosen in step 2.
For example, Enter: Net82557.INF (i.e. C:TEMPNetworkNet82557.INF)
2. Select OK and follow on-screen instructions.
-- For UPDATE to a newer version of the NIC drivers
1. Select start, settings, then control panel.
2. Double click the "System" icon.
3. From the Hardware tab, select Device Manager.
4. Double click "Network adapters"
5. Double click the Intel PRO/100 network adapter
6. From the Driver tab, select "Update Driver", then select Next
7. Select "Display a list ...", then select Next
8. When prompted, select "Have Disk"
9. Browse to or type in the directory path chosen in step 2., then select OK
10. Select the Intel PRO/100 network adapter from the device list, select Next
11. Continue to follow on-screen instructions until Finished
12. Close network adapter properties, Device Manager, and Control Panel.