Compaq Armada 7400 Notebook PC series System ROMPaq 6B_99.06.06 A for Windows 2000 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 7400 Notebook PC series System ROMPaq 6B_99.06.06 A for Windows 2000
Creates a ROMpaq diskette to upgrade the System ROM.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP12313
PART NUMBER: 159364-001
FILE NAME: N/A
Armada 7400/7800 ROMPaq Upgrade Diskette (06 June 1999)
LANGUAGE: US English
CATEGORY: ROMPaqs and System Software
Compaq Armada 7400 6266/T/4000/D/0/1
Compaq Armada 7400 6266/T/4000/D/0/3
Compaq Armada 7400 6300/T/6000/D/M/1
Compaq Armada 7400 6300/T/6000/D/0/1
Compaq Armada 7400 6300/T/6000/D/0/3
Compaq Armada 7400 6333/T/6.4/D/M/1
Compaq Armada 7400 6333/T/6.4/D/0/1
Compaq Armada 7400 6333/T/6.4/D/M/3
Compaq Armada 7400 6333/T/6.4/D/0/3
Compaq Armada 7400 6366/T/10.0/V/M/1
Compaq Armada 7400 6366/T/10.0/V/M/3
Compaq Armada 7400 6366/T14/10.0/V/M/1
Compaq Armada 7400 6366/T14/10.0/V/0/1
Compaq Armada 7400 6366/T14/10.0/V/M/3
Compaq Armada 7400 6366/T14/10.0/V/0/3
Compaq Armada 7400 6366/T/10.0/V/0/1
Compaq Armada 7400 6366/T/10.0/V/0/3
Compaq Armada 7800 6400/T14/14.0/V/M/1
Compaq Armada 7800 6400/T14/14.0/V/0/1
Compaq Armada 7800 6400/T14/14.0/V/M/3
Compaq Armada 7800 6400/T14/14.0/V/0/3
Compaq Armada 7800 6266/T/5000/D/M/1
Compaq Armada 7800 6266/T/5000/D/0/1
Compaq Armada 7800 6266/T/5000/D/0/3
Compaq Armada 7800 6266/T/8000/D/M/1
Compaq Armada 7800 6266/T/8000/D/0/1
Compaq Armada 7800 6266/T/8000/D/0/3
Compaq Armada 7800 6300/T/8000/V/M/1
Compaq Armada 7800 6300/T/8000/V/0/1
Compaq Armada 7800 6300/T/8000/V/0/3
Compaq Armada 7800 6366/T/14.0/V/M/1
Compaq Armada 7800 6366/T/14.0/V/0/1
Compaq Armada 7800 6366/T/14.0/V/M/3
Compaq Armada 7800 6366/T/14.0/V/0/3
Microsoft Windows 3.x and MS-DOS
Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0
Microsoft Windows 2000
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 18, 1999
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 4.0
SUPERSEDES: SP11529 (06/02/99 ROM)
Creates a ROMPaq diskette to upgrade the System ROM in Armada 7400/7800 Series notebooks to the 06/06/1999 version.
- Removed automatic CMOS default load on the first boot after flash for rompaq and remote flash users. This version includes the following enhancements that were also implemented in previous ROM versions dated 03/18/98, 03/21/98, 07/04/98, 08/07/98, 12/02/98, 06/01/99 and 06/02/99:
- Improves Hard Drive data transfer rates when using Symantec??пїЅs "GHOST" data imaging software.
- Allows for proper detection of PnP monitors under Windows 2000.
- Added Y2K code update to resolve intermittent test failure with NSTL 99.01.01 test
- Added support for Microsoft Windows 2000
- Resolves video shift issue where external video is shifted one character to the left when using certain external LCD/Video Projectors equipped with a 15-pin connector.
- Corrects erroneous 1782 Disk Controller errors with IBM drives.
- Added ability for users to manage CPU Clock Throttling using the Custom features of PowerCon.
- Resolves issue when the Ownership Tag field in Computer Setup(System Features/Intelligent Manageability) displays garbage characters when it is not set.
- Resolves issue where Armada 7800 computers would experience hard lockup conditions during a warm boot if Intel Flash Series II 20 MB PC Card is installed in the docking station.
- BIOS process modification; System BIOS now automatically loads default CMOS setting during the first boot following a flash upgrade.
- Added Wake On Ring support for ACPI systems using external serial modems.
- Corrects a possible POST hang that may occur after
installing/configuring the Xircom RealPort CardBus PC Card.
- Update to provide additional support for warm/hot docking.
- Corrects an issue which could cause the system to incorrectly report the geometry of a 10GB hard drive in an ArmadaStation.
- Corrects loss of mouse pointer functionality issue that occurred when the notebook was configured for ACPI using manual registry modification procedure.
- Resolves issue with Compaq Diagnostics reporting incorrect processor cache size.
- Decreases POST time when booting with a ZIP drive present.
- Correctly displays security icon when resuming from hibernation with QuickLock security enabled.
- Corrects an issue which caused the unit's power LED to remain illuminated when hibernating with certain 4GB hard drives present.
- Prevents unit shutdown when warm undocking with a critically low battery.
- Prevents mechanical interference with the internal pointing device when LCD is in the closed position.
- Resolves potential lockup which may occur after multiple consecutive hibernation events with 256MB memory present.
- Updates to current Human Interface Device (HID) specification to address issues with Microsoft USB Natural keyboard.
- Prevents video corruption from occurring in F10 Computer Setup when standby or screen saver timeout.
- Resolves issue which prevented system from booting with ATI XPERT@Work card in docking station.
- Resolves Windows NT blue screen error during boot or resume from standby with Matrox Millenium II PCI video card installed in the docking station.
- Added support for 256MB total system memory.
- Added support for 100MB ZIP drive MultiBay option.
- Added support for multiple video adapters. NOTE: This feature supported under Windows 98 (Multi-Monitor) ONLY.
- Added new patch code from Intel for 300Mhz Intel Pentium II processors.
- Resolves potential operating system errors and lockups related to various APM and ACPI Power Management scenarios under Windows 98.
- Corrects an issue which prevented 4GB hard disk drives from being completely powered off during a hibernation event.
- Prevents video corruption from occurring when toggling video from DuoView at 1280x1024x8@60Hz to CRT.
- Prevents certain DVD clips from experiencing blocky video when viewed in simultaneous modes.
- Corrects an issue which caused slight video corruption on resume from hibernation.
- Resolved lockups during hot undock with CDROM in Multibay.
- Resolves problem that unit, while in standby and at lowbatt, will shut off instead of entering lowbatt hibernation.
- Resolves blue screens and General Protection Faults (GPFs) occurring while running on battery power.
- Resolves hot docking and standby/resume issues.
HOW TO USE:
1. Obtain a formatted 1.44-MB diskette.
2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is an executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be prompted to insert the formatted diskette in a drive to create the diskette.
4. After the diskette has been created, you may delete the
SoftPaq file downloaded in step 2.
5. Power down the computer.
6. Place the newly created Compaq Armada 7400/7800 ROMpaq Diskette in Drive A: and power up the computer. Follow the instructions on the screen to upgrade the System ROM.
Copyright 1999, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.