Compaq Armada 7300 Notebook PC series System ROMPaq 586S_99.06.03 for Windows 2000 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 7300 Notebook PC series System ROMPaq 586S_99.06.03 for Windows 2000
DESCRIPTION: Creates a ROMpaq diskette to upgrade the System ROM.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP11375
PART NUMBER: 272460-409
FILE NAME: N/A
Armada 7300/7700 ROMPaq Upgrade Diskette (03 June 1999)
LANGUAGE: US English
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Compaq Armada 7300 Series
Compaq Armada 7700 Series
Microsoft Windows 3.x and MS-DOS
Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0
Microsoft Windows 2000
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 11, 1999
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 4.0
SUPERSEDES: SP7575 (13 May 1998 ROM)
Creates a ROMpaq diskette to upgrade the System ROM in
Armada 7300 and 7700 Series notebooks to the 06/03/99 version.
- Resolves intermittent lockups that occur when Compaq Insight Management Agents are installed.
- Y2K update to correct issue associated to Daylight Savings Time.
- Corrects a hard lockup condition that occurs when hot docking the notebook 2 or more hard drives installed. This version includes the following enhancements that were also
implemented in previous ROM versions dated 09/18/97, 11/01/97, 12/16/97,02/09/98, 03/20/98 and 05/13/98:
- Resolves PCMCIA Reboot issue.
- Resolves Madge NIC Standby issue.
- Resolves possible hang of system in Post with multiboot on if hard drive bay is empty.
- Provides enhancements to help prevent battery damage when battery is at very low capacity.
- Resolves problem experienced when using 8GB hard drive
- Resolves noise problem during audio playback after resuming from Suspend mode to RAM/disk in Windows NT or Windows 3.1.
- Resolves problem where diskette drive loses functionality under certain conditions when docked in the MiniStation.
- Resolves problem where system will not boot from diskette if the diskette is inserted after a "non-system disk" message has already appeared because the hard drive bay is empty.
- Updates the century byte to meet requirements of "Year 2000 Compliance Test Program" version 97.12.04.
- Resolves problem where keyboard password is bypassed when powering on and booting from a diskette, even though power-on password and Enable Keyboard Lock are both enabled.
- Resolves problem where system locks up while booting when an ISA ATI graphics card is installed in the docking station.
- Increases battery life and resolves auxiliary battery charge issue.
- Resolves issue of losing video after installation of retail Microsoft Windows 95 from CD.
- Provides installation fix for 3Com and IBM PCMCIA network cards.
- Fixes vertical wave distortion problem seen in some external monitors.
- Fixes problem of losing video (black screen) if the system is left idle for long periods.
- Prevents the key combination Fn-F4 from turning off the LCD panel if an external CRT monitor is not present.
- Supports -3 & -4 266MHz CPU Module.
- Resolves switching battery in standby.
- Resolves a memory refresh issue.
HOW TO USE:
1. Obtain a formatted 1.44-MB diskette.
2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is an executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be prompted to insert the formatted diskette in a drive to create the diskette.
4. After the diskette has been created, you may delete the SoftPaq file downloaded in step 2.
5. Power down the computer.
6. Place the newly created Compaq Armada 7300/7700 ROMpaq Diskette in Drive A: and power up the computer. Follow the instructions on the screen to upgrade the System ROM.
DO NOT TURN OFF POWER TO THE SYSTEM WHILE PERFORMING
Copyright 1999, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.