Compaq Armada 6500 Notebook PC series XIRCOM Combo Ethernet/Modem Driver 2. 10.04.00 Rel for Windows 98 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 6500 Notebook PC series XIRCOM Combo Ethernet/Modem Driver 2. 10.04.00 Rel for Windows 98
Unpacks the files needed to install the Windows 95 driver that supports the Xircom CEM56 Combo Ethernet 10/100 NIC/Modem in Armada notebooks. Optionally, an installation diskette can be created. It is not an upgrade. It is included here as a convenience to customers who may need to restore it to their notebook for any reason.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP8215
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
Armada 6500 Xircom Combo Ethernet/Modem Driver for Windows 98
VERSION: 2.10.04.00, Release 1.6
LANGUAGE: US English
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Compaq Armada 6500 Series
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 98
Xircom CEM56 Combo Ethernet 10/100 NIC/Modem PC Card
(Standard in Armada 65000 Series)
System ROM Version 1.29 (available in SoftPaq SP8210) or later
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 13, 1999
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 3.1
Unpacks the files needed to install a Windows 98 driver
that supports the Xircom CEM56 Combo Ethernet 10/100 NIC/Modem PC Card that is standard equipment with Armada 6500 Series notebooks. Optionally, an installation diskette can be created. This driver is the same version originally included with the Armada 6500 Series. It is not an upgrade. It is included here as a convenience to customers who may need to restore it to their notebook for any reason.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a temporary, empty directory on your hard drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Enter "Y" to confirm the unpacking of files into the download directory.
3. After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. The driver may be installed directly from the files on the download directory. To install, refer to the NETMODE.TXT and the README.TXT files. When the NETMODE.TXT file refers to files on the Software CD, it is also
referring to the files unpacked by the SoftPaq into the download directory.
5. After the driver has been installed successfully, you may delete the files from the download directory if you wish.
Copyright 1999, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.