Compaq Armada 6500 Notebook PC series XIRCOM Combo Ethernet/Modem Driver 2. 31 for Windows 98 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 6500 Notebook PC series XIRCOM Combo Ethernet/Modem Driver 2. 31 for Windows 98
Unpacks the files needed to install the Windows 95 driver that supports the Xircom CEM56 Combo Ethernet 10/100 NIC/Modem in Armada notebooks. Optionally, an installation diskette can be created. It is not an upgrade. It is included here as a convenience to customers who may need to restore it to their notebook for any reason.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP7772
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
Armada 6500 Xircom Combo Ethernet/Modem Driver for Windows 98
LANGUAGE: US English
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Compaq Armada 6500 Series
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 98
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: Xircom CEM56 Combo Ethernet 10/100 NIC/Modem PC Card (standard in Armada 6500 Series)
System ROM Version 1.29 (available in SoftPaq SP8210) or later
EFFECTIVE DATE: April 2, 1999
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 3.1
Unpacks the files needed to install the Windows 98 driver
that supports the Xircom CEM56 Combo Ethernet 10/100 NIC/Modem PC Card in Armada 6500 notebooks.
Optionally, a diskette can be created by running the MAKEDISK.BAT file. You will need 1 blank formatted diskette.
- Resolves TCP/IP problems that occur when the same network is accessed via a LAN connection and then subsequently via a remote dial-up connection in Windows 98. (See the README.TXT file in the expanded Softpaq files for
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a temporary, empty directory on your hard drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Enter "Y" to confirm the unpacking of files into the download directory.
3. After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. The driver may be installed directly from the files on the download directory. To install, carefully read the instructionsin the xircom98.231disk1UNINSTAL.TXT file. Existing versions need to be uninstalled prior to installing this upgrade. Run SETUP.exe after doing the
uninstall of the previously existing version.
CAUTION: This process is only intended for experienced PC Administrators. Please see your network support person for assistance.
NOTE: During installation, the notebook needs to be restarted. After restarting, Windows 98 may need a Windows 98 file(s) from the Windows 98 Setup folder. It is located in C:windowsoptionscabs if you have the original Compaq Windows 98 software. If you are using a retail Windows 98 CD, it is in the win98 folder on the CD.
NOTE: When setting up the program, if you choose to register online, the automatically dialed Xircom number may not match your company's dialing requirements for reaching an outside line.
5. After the driver has been installed, you may delete the files from the download directory if you wish.
Copyright 1999, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.