Compaq Armada 6500 Notebook PC series System ROMPaq 1.54 for Microsoft Windows 98 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 6500 Notebook PC series System ROMPaq 1.54 for Microsoft Windows 98
Unpacks a file that, when run from the hard drive, creates a bootable diskette that can update the System ROM.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP10036
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: Armada 6500 ROMPaq Update Diskette
VERSION: System BIOS 1.54, Keyboard BIOS AA5535
LANGUAGE: US English
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Comapaq Armada 6500 Series
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows NT
Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows 98
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: April 21, 1999
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 3.1
Unpacks a file that, when run from the hard drive,creates a bootable diskette that can update the System ROM on
Armada 6500 Series notebooks to version 1.54, also, if it is needed,the keyboard BIOS is updated to version AA5535.
CAUTION: This upgrade should be done by well experienced users only,or, preferrably, by the system administrator.
- Changes incorporated to improve hard drive operation during shutdown and suspend operations.
- Improved suspend to disk to prevent data corruption.
- Improved Windows NT shutdown.
- Removed SMART hard disk monitor. version includes the following enhancements that were also in previous ROM versions 1.36, 1.45, and 1.50:
- Updated Keyboard ROM to enable support for battery
swapping while in suspend mode.
- Corrects an issue which prevented data from being properly written back to the hard drive media prior to shut down.
- Updates the time of day after Password Quick Lock (pressing Fn-F6).
- Eliminates system lockup or failure to boot when "Save to Disk" suspend mode is enabled.
- Resolves system lockups after initiating "Save to Disk" under DOS Safe Mode.
- Corrects system lockups when Fast Infrared Port is configured to certain System Resources.
- Addresses system lockups that could occur when hot swapping Multibay devices upon resume from standby under Microsoft Windows '98.
- Addresses issue that prevented the system from entering Stanby Timeout when docked with a DVD drive installed in the Mobile Convenience Base.
- Corrects issues with proper memory size detection.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a temporary directory on your
hard drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Enter "Y" to confirm the unpacking of files into the download directory.A file named 6500-19.exe will be unpacked from the softpaq.
3. After the file has been unpacked, you may delete the softpaq file downloaded in step 1.
1. It is required to use AC adapter while performing the update operation. The utility updates the system BIOS and if the operation fails, the machine will not work.
2. This Update process may require 2 reboots.
3. After running the BIOS update you may need to reload the system BIOS defaults. If during the final reboot you are prompted to "press fn-f3 to enter setup" simultaneously press the fn key and the f3 key. When in the BIOS setup press the f9 key to reload BIOS default settings. You will be prompted for confirmation,choose YES. Do not make any other changes unless instructed to do so by your network administrator. Press the f10 key to exit the BIOS setup. Inappropiate changes may prevent the system from working properly. update the system BIOS to version 1.54, and the keyboard BIOS to AA5535,do the following:
a. Run the file, bios_1546500-19.exe, directly from your hard drive. This file will create a bootable diskette for you.(You will need a blank formatted diskette in drive a:)
b. Boot up with the created diskette. Follow the on-screen instructions, it will automatically run the update, the keyboard BIOS will be updated first, if your system needs it. After the keyboard update, the system will reboot.
c. Boot up with the created diskette again. Follow on-screen instructions. The system BIOS update will proceed automatically. After the system BIOS update, reboot the system, this time onto the hard drive.
5. After the utility has been executed, you may delete the file from the download directory if you wish.
Copyright 1999, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered of their respective companies.