Compaq Armada 6500 Notebook PC series Network Client Drivers 3.011.001 for Windows 98 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 6500 Notebook PC series Network Client Drivers 3.011.001 for Windows 98
Unpacks the files needed to create a bootable diskette for the Network Client
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP8222
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
Armada 6500 Network Client for MS-DOS/Windows Diskette
LANGUAGE: US English
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Compaq Armada 6500 Series
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 95,
Microsoft Windows 98,
Microsoft Windows for Workgroups,
Microsoft Windows NT
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 22, 1999
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 3.1
Unpacks the files needed to create a bootable diskette
for the Network Client for MS-DOS/Windows for Armada 6500 Series notebooks running any of the above operating systems.
If you are running Windows NT and your hard drive uses the NTFS file system, when you boot from the diskette you will not be able to access your hard drive from DOS. After you restart your system with the Windows NT operating system on the hard drive, you will be able to access your NTFS file system again as usual.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a temporary, empty directory on your hard drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Enter "Y" to confirm the unpacking of files into the download directory.
3. After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. Obtain a blank formatted diskette. To create the Network Client diskette, run QRST5.EXE from the NETBOOT directory that is created when the files are unpacked and follow the on-screen directions.
5. After the diskette has been created, you may delete the files from the download directory if you wish.
6. To run the Network Client, first shut down the notebook, insert the created diskette, then turn on the notebook and allow it to boot from the diskette.
Copyright 1999, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.